In this video, I try to explore the question: Why Gaming? What is it about game design that connects well with 21st Century skills? As a writing teacher, I am also curious about the intersections of designing a game and the writing of a story. And of course, most important: is there room in my curriculum for gaming?
- More Than a Game: One Teacher's Journey into Video Games
- Why Gaming?
- Gaming Resources
- Curriculum Ideas for Gaming
- Game Design with Gamestar Mechanic
- Conceptualizing and Building a Multi-layered Game
- Inside Scratch
- Interpret Gaming Data
- Gaming without the Technology
- The Game Design Camp Experience
- Final Thoughts on Gaming and Learning
- On Using Gamestar Mechanic