The Results: Were Great!
Overall, the results were fantastic!
- Students original analysis were thoughtful examples of critical thinking in action.
- Students were enthusiastic and excited about participating in a online writing environment.
- Because they were publishing on a website, they were more careful to produce a finished product.
- The students’ discussions with one another were thoughtful and insightful. They furthered students’ critical thinking.
- The online forum helped form an academic community beyond our classroom.
- Students’ found responses to their writing not only from students in the other classes, but from the public at large. In one instance, one of the website creators of a site under analysis responded to a students’ critique.
- Students felt like their writing was read and validated and/or discussed by others.
Below is an example of a person outside the class responding to a student’s work. In fact, the responder was the author of the website, AVEN, the student had analyzed.