Standards, Knowledge, Skills, and Understandings
- Youth will have an understanding of the relationship between art, technology and community
- Youth will understand the benefits and challenges of social practice art (About social practice art)
- What is the relationship between art and technology?
- What is the relationship between art and community? What is the role of art in building community?
- Can art have a role to play in urban planning issues such as gentrification, environmental justice, urban blight and community development?
- What do you/we want to say about our community (positive or negative)?
- Who is the target audience of our work? What do we hope the audience will get from our work?
- Students will know drone safety, various uses of drones,
- basic urban planning concepts, examples of map-based artwork
- Students will review maps of their community and know the various assets and challenges in their community
Skills: Students will be able to…
- articulate drone safety; identify parts of a drone; fly and land a drone;
- basic Photoshop skills such as photo manipulation; inserting text; applying effects (Photoshop Tutorial for Beginners)
- Create screen printed artwork (optional)
- Present their works and explain the social practices and creative processes involved in creating their work