Setting Up My Profile
All site members can create a user profile. These instructions cover:
- Joining the site
- Managing your account information
- Creating and managing your profile
- Understanding the role of your profile in the site
1. Joining the Site
To join the site, click the “Join” link. This link brings you to the account creation page.
On the account creation page, you need to:
- Enter your username and email.
- Enter your first name, last name, and a brief bio.
- Read and accept the Terms of Service.
Once you have completed the required information, you can create your account by clicking the “Create new account” button. You will receive a confirmation email containing your password.
2. Managing Your Account Information
Once you have created your account, you can manage your account information. To access and edit your account information, click the “Edit my account” link in the Welcome block.
Your account information includes:
- your username, password, and email address
- your avatar, or user photo
- your comment notification settings.
3. Creating and Managing Your Profile
To edit and update the information in your user profile, click the “Edit my profile” link in the Welcome block.
Your profile information includes:
- name, Writing Project site, and any other professional affiliation you want to highlight
- contact information, which is private and will only be seen by NWP admins
- links to any external web sites, like a blog or a twitter account
- a brief “bio” or description of your work.
Your name and bio are required; all other fields are optional.
4. The Role of Your Profile in the Site
Once your profile is completed, it provides an overview about you and what you have been doing on the site. People visiting your profile will be able to see your recent posts on the site, as well as any personal information you have chosen to share.