Notes from a Tired Teacher, Digital Learning Day Countdown
“You don’t have to be the star, you can be the light shining on them.”
— Rawanda Ibrahem Writing for Change student, Cajon Valley Middle School Grade 6
So the conversation goes like this, “Mrs. Ilko, I wrote a quote for you. I didn’t share it before because I was too shy.” I read it and tears well up and I know this has to be the first slide in our presentation that I have been struggling to pull together. I love my writers, they surprise me with their words so often.
It has been a crazy week getting ready to share our work. When you have to take the time to document and reflect, it really does impact your classroom instruction. I am walking around the room watching our students write. There are simple posts, and complex questions. There are struggling writers, and those who have found their passion and the words come easily. Most however are somewhere in the middle. We write, we struggle, we write some more.
Setting up the Edmodo account was a snap, but getting the students to select a blog to post has been a challenge. This weekend will be extremely busy, writing my sub plans, reviewing student work, and oh yeah, finalizing my own presentation! I can’t believe I am days away from getting on the plane.
- Journey to Digital Learning Day
- Revisiting Our Friend Dr. King, And Some Exciting News
- And the Countdown Continues
- Lesson of the day, Be Intentional in your Planning
- And Sometimes, It Takes Serious Determination To Be a Digital Teacher
- And When Given the Choice, Student Topics for their Blogs
- Be Careful What You Ask For, It Is Sometimes Exactly What You Get
- Digital Learning Day 2013 A Schedule and a Site Posting
- A Six Word Memoir: Sharing Our Stories, Passions To Words
- Tiny Glimpses of Our Important Words @DLDay2013 7 days and counting
- Learning How to Search for Answers...Together.
- Notes from a Tired Teacher, Digital Learning Day Countdown
- A Summary of our Journey in 2 minutes 35 seconds, 48 hours from Washington D.C.
- DIgital Learning Day Countdown, T Minus 24 @DLDay2013
- The Journey Begins: MLK Weekend
- The Work Continues
- Mrs. Ilko Goes to Washington
- A View of Digital Learning Day from Washington D.C.
- Business Leaders, Politicians, and Teachers Oh My! Presenting to a Varied Audience
- Back Home, And the Digital Journey Continues Sharing Our Message Loud and Often