My overarching inquiry question was: How does the use of digital media foster students’ writing and motivation as they work to create a yearlong timeline of their learning? As soon as I began my project, many other questions arose to reshape my question:
- Would students be able to accomplish a monthly entry given the nature of our slow computers?
- How do I create a template for students to access quickly when they log on to their computers?
- What can I do to make this project appealing to my students?
- What is the best way to download pictures so students can access them quickly when they are ready to begin adding pictures to their work?
- Will students be more successful if they prewrite or compose directly on the computer?
- Will this be a worthwhile project to implement and study?