Guidelines for Participation
General guidelines for participation include:
- Assume good intent.
- Practice and encourage active listening, reading, and viewing.
- Be as explicit as possible in your communication.
- Don’t assume—ask for clarification as needed.
- Build trust by doing what you say you will do.
- Use irony and humor with care, as it does not always come across online the way you might have intended. You can always use emoticons to clarify! 😉
- Review your response carefully before you post.
- Approach every contribution with curiosity, expecting surprise and wonder.
- Voicing differences of opinion and providing countervailing information or analysis within the context of the intent of the Digital Is website is welcomed—however, hate speech and attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.