Guidelines for Participation
As a teaching-focused knowledge base exploring the field of digital writing and learning, the aim of the Digital Is website is to ensure a friendly and collegial writing, publishing, and discussion/response space.
You may participate by joining the Digital Is website community. This will give you the ability to join a discussion or start your own discussion. You will also be able to set up a user profile.
General guidelines for participation include:
- Assume good intent.
- Practice and encourage active listening, reading, and viewing.
- Be as explicit as possible in your communication.
- Don’t assume—ask for clarification as needed.
- Build trust by doing what you say you will do.
- Use irony and humor with care, as it does not always come across online the way you might have intended. You can always use emoticons to clarify! 😉
- Review your response carefully before you post.
- Approach every contribution with curiosity, expecting surprise and wonder.
- Voicing differences of opinion and providing countervailing information or analysis within the context of the intent of the Digital Is website is welcomed—however, hate speech and attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
Once you have joined and become familiar with the content and discussions within the site, you may also request to be a Resource Creator. This role will allow you to draft and post new resources in Digital Is. It will also give you the ability to ask for and provide feedback on draft resources within the community of Resources Creators.