Game Design with Gamestar Mechanic
Although there are more and more sites that give users the tools to create video games, I decided that Gamestar Mechanic was a good choice for a summer camp. It is a closed community and it is built on the concept of users learn how to build video games by first playing games, and gaining experience through activities. I didn’t want to just talk about how to make games; I wanted to have that experience myself.
- More Than a Game: One Teacher's Journey into Video Games
- Why Gaming?
- Gaming Resources
- Curriculum Ideas for Gaming
- Game Design with Gamestar Mechanic
- Conceptualizing and Building a Multi-layered Game
- Inside Scratch
- Interpret Gaming Data
- Gaming without the Technology
- The Game Design Camp Experience
- Final Thoughts on Gaming and Learning
- On Using Gamestar Mechanic