Final Thoughts on Gaming and Learning
I wrap up my journey into gaming with some final thoughts, including what students shared at the end and where I may go from here with game design as a learning experience. A textbook resource that Bryant Paul Johnson lent me — Rules of Play by Katie Salen and Eric Zimmerman — has been giving me some great ideas and theoretical insight around gaming and play, and how those elements have significant learning possibilities. At the end of our camp, a few kids asked if we would do a more advanced session next summer. I have a few more levels ahead of me, apparently …..
- More Than a Game: One Teacher's Journey into Video Games
- Why Gaming?
- Gaming Resources
- Curriculum Ideas for Gaming
- Game Design with Gamestar Mechanic
- Conceptualizing and Building a Multi-layered Game
- Inside Scratch
- Interpret Gaming Data
- Gaming without the Technology
- The Game Design Camp Experience
- Final Thoughts on Gaming and Learning
- On Using Gamestar Mechanic