Enabling Assessment over Time with Digital Writing Tools
Hicks, Troy. The Digital Writing Workshop. Portsmouth, NH: Heinemann, 2009. Chapter 6: “Enabling Assessment over Time with Digital Writing Tools.”
As the title suggests, in this book Hicks shows readers how to adapt principles of the writing workshop approach to digital writing. His chapter 6, on assessment, includes formative and summative assessment; teacher, peer, and self-assessment; and assessment rubrics that are tailored to specific digital genres. See also the review by Ken Martin and Digital Writing Workshop wiki.
- Assessing Multimedia Compositions: Additional Resources
- Teaching the New Writing: Technology, Change, and Assessment in the 21st Century Classroom
- Enabling Assessment over Time with Digital Writing Tools
- "Children Writing: Multimodality and Assessment in the Writing Classroom"
- Looking for Sources of Coherence in a Fragmented World: Notes Toward a New Assessment Design