Digital Learning Day 2013 A Schedule and a Site Posting
Today brings exciting news! The lesson and video are posted on the Digital Learning Day website. Please look for the lesson called Writing Powerful Blog Comments – Students develop their own blog site and learn the difference between academic and social comments.
Meanwhile, the work at Cajon Valley Middle School will be exciting to watch on this day as well. Here is our agenda at CVMS:
Wednesday, February 6, 2013
Digital Learning Day, February 6, 2013
Cajon Valley Middle School 550 East Park Ave. El Cajon, CA. 92020
We are pleased to announce that our site will be participating in the DigitalLearning Day campaign for 2013. This national campaign, launched by the Alliance for Excellent Education, is designed to celebrate innovativeteaching and highlight practices that make learning more personalized andengaging. Students are able to explore how digital learning can provide the opportunities they deserve—to build the skills needed to succeed in college, a career, and life. Cajon Valley Middle School in partnership with the San Diego Area Writing ProjectInvite you to Visit the disciplines of Math, Science, Language Arts, andPE to see how the digital world impacts our students. Please stop by our site to see the following projects on our campus:
7:00 to 8:30 Campus Computer Lab 309 Writing for Change Club is a group of 6-8th grade students that come together weekly to write about things that are relevant to their lives. You are invited to see how thisgroup communicates using Edmodo, as well as how they share their work on the W4Csite.
8:45 am – 9:15 am Room 202 Students broadcast a school wide news program using digital streaming. Scripts are written and commercials are presented to keep the staff and students informed with what is happening on campus.
10:30 am to 11:20 pm Gym/Field 2:45pm to 3:30 pm Student learning is enhances in PE classes through the use of a variety of apps on theiPad, which allow for an array of approaches to the various modes of student learning.
10:30am to 11:20 am Campus Computer Lab 309 1:45 pm to 2:35 pm Student are improving their math skills using videos, interactive challenges, and assessments on the Kahn Academy website.
10:30 am to 11:20 pm Room 204 The school yearbook and newsletter are created in this energized class. Students are using publishing tools to meet deadlines that are preparing them for real world experiences.
11:30 am – 12:15 pm Room 311 In this strategic language arts class students use the Edmodo site to blog promotingthe importance of technology in the classroom and use iPods to create a character sketch.
12:45 pm to 1:40 pm Room 204 6th grade students are publishing a magazine fusing theinformation gathered through the reading of a novel.
12:45 pm – 1:40 pm Room 202 This class offers project-based learning that supports the content area learning with theuse of ipods. Students do research on the ipod and then presentation information using a variety of applications .
2:40pm to 3:30 pm Room 205 In this Honors English class students publish responses to the lessons in a documentthat is submitted to the Edmodo class page for further class discussions enabling students to recognize the power of social media.
Please R.S.V.P. to Janet Ilko or Holly French at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Two weeks and counting!!!
- Journey to Digital Learning Day
- Revisiting Our Friend Dr. King, And Some Exciting News
- And the Countdown Continues
- Lesson of the day, Be Intentional in your Planning
- And Sometimes, It Takes Serious Determination To Be a Digital Teacher
- And When Given the Choice, Student Topics for their Blogs
- Be Careful What You Ask For, It Is Sometimes Exactly What You Get
- Digital Learning Day 2013 A Schedule and a Site Posting
- A Six Word Memoir: Sharing Our Stories, Passions To Words
- Tiny Glimpses of Our Important Words @DLDay2013 7 days and counting
- Learning How to Search for Answers...Together.
- Notes from a Tired Teacher, Digital Learning Day Countdown
- A Summary of our Journey in 2 minutes 35 seconds, 48 hours from Washington D.C.
- DIgital Learning Day Countdown, T Minus 24 @DLDay2013
- The Journey Begins: MLK Weekend
- The Work Continues
- Mrs. Ilko Goes to Washington
- A View of Digital Learning Day from Washington D.C.
- Business Leaders, Politicians, and Teachers Oh My! Presenting to a Varied Audience
- Back Home, And the Digital Journey Continues Sharing Our Message Loud and Often