DC Area Writing Project is based in Washington, DC, an urban metropolitan area.
DC Area Writing Project needs a way to co-construct a vision that values the perspectives, needs, and diversity while providing a unifying purpose that reaches out to the community and inspires excitement, creates opportunities for nurturing leadership, and unifies the old and new membership.
The prototype includes:
- Member Buy-in
- Rewriting the Vision & Mission statement
- Restructuring leadership & the delegation of responsibilities (based on areas of expertise)
- Re-establishing a community presence
- Community Outreach
- Community Engagement
Questions that could emerge:
- WHO is our membership?
- What is important in defining our collective vision and mission?
- Is it possible to look at leadership through a different lense?
- Who can and should handle our social media presence and in how many forums?
- Who are our community partners?
- How do we reach out to them and establish or reestalish relationships?
- What does community engagement look like?
- 3RD Space overview page
- MWP Connects
- Philadelphia Writing Project - Seeks 3rdSpace to work with museums and other community resources
- Glass Classrooms: Making learning transparent
- OSUWP TWENTY YEAR CELEBRATION
- DCAWP Renewal
- Prototyping SCWriP Leadership
- Designing Continuity
- Gateway Writing Project Design Challenge!