Create a Spoken Word Letter with KQED
These students from Danae Boyd and Janelle Bence’s Coppell High class, created a spoken word poem about climate change. Can humans rise above our own selfish needs to make decisions for the planet? As you watch this, what are some ways you might encourage students to address the next president in a spoken word poem about this or other STEM issues?
KQED provides this Spoken Word Media Make resource to get you started!
- Writing letters to the next president in STEM class
- Learn about Global Issues with Pulitzer Center
- What's My Issue? with KQED
- Remix Letters to the Next President 2.0 Letter (Thimble Template) with Mozilla
- Primary Sources, Problem Based Learning, and Letters to the Next President with the Library of Congress
- Writing Letters to the Next President with Audience and Purpose in Mind with the College Ready Writers Program
- Create a Spoken Word Letter with KQED
- Letters to the Next President 2.0
- Remix, Remake, Curate with NC Museum of Natural Sciences, Tar River Writing Project, & The Poetry Project