What is "digital writing" (anyway)?
Reference WIDE Kairos, NLG,
Reference my experience with my blog
Definition of “digital writing” from BDWM
Social spaces — what is the digital ecology? Offering spaces for meaning making. Public nature of the work.
Describe five possible interpretations, talking places (not inclusive or static):
- “traditional” writing in digital spaces such as on blogs or google docs (Webquests, use tech in your teaching type stuff)
- hypertextual writing using tools like blogs or wikis (Richardson, Bud, Warlick — hypertext scholars)
- “simple” multimedia composing using audio and video editors (Kress and VanLeeven, Street, DeVoss et al, Leander)
- “complex” multimedia composing using transmedia or convergent media, mash ups, remix (Jenkins, Lessig, Hobbs)
- gaming and immersive media, DIY (Knobel and Lankshear, Gee)
This is not a continuum, these are all skills that can be developed in different
For instance, uber-blogger and know nothing about gaming