Soft Circuits: Crafting E-Fashion with DIY Electronics
Soft Circuits: Crafting e-Fashion with DIY Electronics explores the field of electronics and “e-textiles,” which involves making physical computing projects based in fabrics and other everyday materials. This volume incorporates microprocessors into these materials and programs them with an accessible tool called Modkit to further enhance e-fashions like light-up wristbands and t-shirts, as well as solar-powered backpacks.
- Find this book line at MIT Press, Amazon, or Barnes and Noble.
- Order individual and group kits of e-textile materials from SparkFun (see links below).
- Download supplemental materials for youth and facilitators.
- Share work created at forums such as Instructables and DIY.org.
- Post reflections, responses and reflections about this curriculum here at NWP Digital Is.
- Download a PDF flyer to share!
Also, learn more about systems with Water+ (created for Interconnections in partnership with Carnegie Mellon’s Entertainment Technology Center students “Team GameGrid”).
We look forward to making and learning with you!
Purchase Soft Circuits Materials Online
In partnership with the folks at Sparkfun Electronics, the authors have identified all the electronics and tools needed to facilitate the projects in the Soft Circuits volume. Follow the links below to view materials for individuals or groups of twenty.