Short Circuits: Crafting E-Puppets with DIY Electronics
Short Circuits: Crafting e-Puppets with DIY Electronics explores the field of electronics and “e-textiles,” which involves making physical computing projects based in fabrics and other everyday materials. This volume focuses that exploration on the use of electronic hand puppets, sound-enabled storyboards, and DIY flashlight-enabled shadow puppetry in order to delve into literacy and storytelling.
- Find this book line at MIT Press, Amazon, or Barnes and Noble.
- Download supplemental resources for youth and faciltiators.
- Order individual and group kits of e-textile materials from SparkFun (see links below).
- Share work created at forums such as Instructables and DIY.org.
- Post reflections, responses and reflections about this curriculum here at NWP Digital Is.
- Download a PDF flyer to share!
We look forward to making and learning with you!
Purchase Short Circuits Electronics Materials Online
In partnership with the folks at Sparkfun Electronics, the authors have identified all the electronics and tools needed to facilitate the projects in the Short Circuits volume. Follow the links below to view materials for individuals or groups of twenty.