Gaming the System: Designing with Gamestar Mechanic
Gaming the System: Designing with Gamestar Mechanic orients readers to the nature of games as systems, how game designers need to think in terms of complex interactions between game elements and rules, and how to pull out systems concepts in the design process. The core curriculum uses Gamestar Mechanic, an online game design environment with a strong systems thinking focus.
- Find this book line at MIT Press, Amazon, or Barnes and Noble.
- Download supplemental resources for youth and faciltiators.
- Share work created from Gaming the System at Edmodo and at forums such as Instructables and DIY.org.
- Connect with the Gamestar Community
- Post reflections, responses and reflections about this curriculum here at NWP Digital Is.
- Download a PDF flyer to share!
Learn more about systems thinking and design with Water+ (created for Interconnections in partnership with Carnegie Mellon’s Entertainment Technology Center students “Team GameGrid“).
We look forward to making and learning with you!Open Gaming-the-System-Facilitator-Resources.pdf Open Gaming-the-System-Youth-Resources.pdf Open MIT Press Flyer