Powerful learning occurs when youth, driven by their own interests, are supported in being creators and not just consumers of knowledge. In celebration of October’s Connected Educator Month, we kick things off with a focus on how we can create opportunities, space, and time for all youth to be agents in their own learning. We will draw inspiration from the “Maker Movement” as well as use Connected Learning principles to support the sharing of ideas and strategies related to this notion of youth agency throughout October and beyond.
- Laura Bradley, Bay Area Writing Project teacher-consultant and middle school teacher involved with NaNoWriMo
- Kim Douillard, San Diego Area Writing Project director and elementary teacher
- Elyse Eidman-Aadahl, National Writing Project executive director
- Paul Oh, National Writing Project senior associate
- Jo Paraiso, Oakland high school teacher also involved at Youthvoices.net
We hope that some additional special guests can be with us too, including you. Join us!