Digital Is Bloggers celebrate digital learning and literacy!
In a celebration of the great work of teachers and students across the country in the lead up to Digital Learning Day on February 1st (#DLDay), several members of the NWP Digital Is community will be blogging about digital learning and literacy here.
We are looking forward to learning with and from all of these bloggers and thank them for their contributions to this important conversation:
- Linda Biondi, National Writing Project at Rider University
- Lou Buran, Northern California Writing Project
- Gail Desler, Area 3 Writing Project
- Bonnie Kaplan, Hudson Valley Writing Project
- Jeremy Hyler, Chippewa River Writing Project
- Janet Ilko of Writing for Change, San Diego Writing Project
- Fred Mindlin, Central California Writing Project
- Larissa Pahomov, Science Leadership Academy in Philadelphia
- Janelle Quintans Bence, North Star of Texas Writing Project
- Rita Sorrentino, Philadelphia Writing Project
- Jack Zangerele, Hudson Valley Writing Project
- Plus a team of teachers from the Oregon Writing Project at the University of Oregon
We also encourage YOU to blog or otherwise share your content about digital learning and literacy! If you are a member of NWP Digital Is, you will have the ability to post a blog and are welcome to do so. If you aren’t a member yet, please sign up to be one! Also, if you would like to draft and publish a resource in NWP Digital Is, read more about being a resource creator.
We would love to learn more with and from you too!
Please also tune into NWP Radio on January 26th too for a show about Digital Writing Matters:
Writing is an essential element of digital teaching and learning. In the lead up to Digital Learning Day on Feb. 1, join NWP educators from around the country – including Troy Hicks of the Chippewa River Writing Project and Janelle Quintans Bence from the North Star of Texas Writing Project – as they discuss why digital writing matters for themselves as professionals and for the students they teach. We’ll also hear from a young writer and member of Figment, who’ll talk about the importance of writing and publishing online, amongst a community of peers and fellow authors.
All the best,
NWP Digital Is