CLMOOC Make Cycle 2: Shared Purpose and Open Networks
Make Cycle 2 of #clmooc is off to a great start. See the Newsletter prompt and information about this cycle below.
Make Cycle 2: Shared Purpose and Open Networks
Welcome to Make Cycle Two in the Making Learning Connected collaboration! Let’s give facilitators Kevin Hodgson and Terry Elliott a big hand for kicking us off last week with a great cycle of making, using introductions to build shared experience and kickstarting our growing community. The variety of voices, approaches, and media─paint, memes, pottery, memoirs, blog posts, avatars, slideshows, photos, videos, animations─is a testament to our collective creativity, and we look forward to continuing to make, share, reflect, and explore Connected Learning with you.
For this second Make Cycle, we focus our thinking and reflection around the Connected Learning Design Principles, exploring the connections we make in open networks around shared purposes. As you choose and produce your makes this week, we invite you…
Make With Me!
For this second Make Cycle, one option is to grab an old toy─maybe something that you played with as a kid, or something from the bottom of your kid’s toy box, or perhaps a something that you rescued from abandon in a thrift shop or a yard sale. Study it, consider what it is, think about what it can be. Gather the things necessary to hack it, remix it, or remediate it─your analogue and/or digital tools. Take it apart, put it back together in a different configuration. Add something. Take something away. Make it sparkle. Make it move. Make it light up. Create a digital story, a fan-fiction mash-up, or film a stop-motion animation. If you make something offline, please post an image of your make to the Google Plus Making Learning Connected Community, so that we can see your creation for ourselves. Sharing your #toyhack is part of the “make” cycle here. We also encourage you to try to connect with others, so consider commenting and reacting to at least three other #toyhack “makes” this week and connecting with other communities who share your interest in and passion for a particular kind of toy.
Places to Share
Here are some handy links that might help you with your sharing and connecting:
- In Google Plus, you should join our Making Learning Connected Community;
- On Twitter, we encourage you to follow and use the #clmooc hashtag this summer;
- You can submit your blog to the Making Learning Connected Blog Hub, which will collect and showcase blog posts from participants.
- We’re hosting an on-air #toyhack Google Hangout on Tuesday, June 25, at 8 p.m. Eastern ( 5 p.m. Pacific/ 6 p.m. Mountain/ 7 p.m Central) live streamed with a synchronous chat here at CLMOOC.
- We will be hosting a Twitter Chat about the second week of the MOOC on Thursday, June 27 from 8-9 p.m. Eastern (5-6 p.m. Pacific / 6-7 p.m. Mountain/ 7-8 p.m. Central) with the #clmooc hashtag.
Need More Information?
- Check out our Frequently Asked Questions page.
- Learn more about the Making Learning Connected Massive Open Online Collaboration.
- Explore the National Writing Project’s Digital Is site for ways to connect digital media with writing and learning.
- Reach out to us with questions or suggestions in the G+ Community.
Embrace the ethos of being a maker and make connections with us in the Making Learning Connected Collaboration and with others who share your interests and passions. Give yourself permission to do something new. Give yourself permission to linger on something old. Give yourself permission to do something fun. And finally, give yourself permission to fail and to succeed ─ knowing that we’ll clap for you either way.
All the best,