Initial Questions to consider:
- Utilize open discussion to identify student knowledge of college to career pathway.
- Unit is designed for students who self-select to participate.
- Students will review and refine their work through peer review, open ended questions with staff and self-reflection
- Students will show their learning through short share outs with each deliverable culminating into the presentation at the end of the unit.
- Student work is individualized and student led, teachers will have freedom to check in frequently with students not engaged.
- Each activity builds off previous lessons and includes a teaching portion followed by a independent ‘making’ session. Students have freedom to work at their own pace with the unit designed with room to allow for students working at a slower pace to have time and activities for students who work at a faster pace to have activities.
- Complete and discuss 16 personalities assessment
- To engage all learners, class discussion about the different personalities and how are all of they are all necessary will follow assessment
- Complete ACT Major Map and discuss potential pathways to career options
- Students will identify potential careers based off the likes and dislikes identified through the major map on the ACT profile and potential majors to reach that career.
- Complete College Worksheet from career option
- Utilize student obstacle map to create short and long term goal.
- To include multiple learning styles students will have the option to draw, build (with materials from makers box), or write their obstacles and solutions.
- Utilizing XQ schools Pay for College tool, create a budget after finding true cost of college.
- Prepare and deliver a 3-5 minute presentation explaining how the pieces all come together