On the (DS106) Radio: Hack the World
It was an honor and a pleasure to work with Sally, Stefani and Lara on our Headless DS106 radio program, which we call Hack the World. My colleagues allowed me the privilege to edit the show together, stitching our voices and files into one program. I hope I did them all justice. Our theme was to explore the concept of hacking as a positive tool for change, and so, the segments include:
- An interview collage with Chris Lawrence and Laura Hillinger from the Mozilla Foundation on their Webmaker tools;
- An interview with young students on using Minecraft and perceptions of hacking and remixing;
- A piece about toy hacking, tinkering and ways to rediscover childhood curiosity with Stephanie West-Puckett;
- A feature on a German archivist discovering materials from the past and rethinking their importance;
- A listen into my classroom as my sixth graders hack the game of chess to create something new;
- Assorted radio bumpers and commercials.
The Merry Hacksters are Kevin (@dogtrax), Lara (@raccooncity), Stefanie (@StefanieJ2), and Sally (@swilson416)
Here are the audio files that Alan and Christina shared:
We will also be making most of the individual audio files available for folks, too, if you just want to hear a piece or want to remix the entire show in your own way. We hope that sharing will be in the spirit of our own work. Go forth and hack the world!
Peace (and remix),